St. Mary’s B.N.S. Parents’ Association
As a parent or guardian of a boy enrolled at St. Mary’s BNS we welcome you as a member of the P.A. (Parents’ Association).
The P.A.C .(Parents’ Association Committee) meet once a month is the school. Meetings are held on Tuesday evenings at 8:30pm and dates are notified on the school calendar. All parents all welcome to attend the P.A.C. meetings.
The Parents’ Association is managed by elected officers at the 1st meeting after the annual AGM. in October.
The current P.A. Officers are (2016/17):
- Chairperson – Ray Stewart
- Secretary – Liz O’Donoghue
- Treasurer – Catherine Mc.Callig
- Asst. Secretary – Caroline O’Donnell
- Asst. Treasurer – Ciara Dillon
Parents’ Association Role
The P.A. is a link between the parents, Board of Management and the school principal and functions for the benefit all the children.
The P.A. manages all voluntary contributions to the school and also organises fund raising events.
The P.A. income is used to finance educational equipment and to fund events.
Parents’ Association Events
The major P.A. events are:
- 1st Communion party after the ceremony for parents/guardians and children
- Confirmation party after the ceremony for parents/guardian and children
- Grandparents’ Day.
- Helps organise the annual Sports Day.
- Annual Sponsored Walk in May.
- School concert.