St. Mary’s B.N.S. Parents’ Association
As a parent or guardian of a boy enrolled at St. Mary’s B.N.S. we welcome you as a member of the P.A. (Parents’ Association).
The P.A.C. (Parents’ Association Committee) meet once a month is the school. Meetings are held on Tuesday evenings at 8:30 pm and dates are notified on the school calendar. All parents are welcome to attend the P.A.C. meetings.
The Parents’ Association is managed by elected officers at the 1st meeting after the annual A.G.M. in October.
The current P.A. Officers are (2020-21):
- Chairperson – Niamh Loughnane
- Vice Chairperson- Caroline O’Donnell
- Co-Secretaries – Linda Heavey and Emma Fadden
- Co-Treasurers – Ciara Dillon and Joanne Canniffe
Parents’ Association Role
The P.A. is a link between the parents, Board of Management and the school principal and functions for the benefit all the children.
The P.A. manages all voluntary contributions to the school and also organises fund raising events.
The P.A.’s income is used to finance educational equipment and to fund events.
Parents’ Association Events
The major P.A. events are:
- 1st Communion party after the ceremony for parents/guardians and children
- Confirmation party after the ceremony for parents/guardian and children
- Grandparents’ Day.
- Organising the annual Sports Day.
- Annual Sponsored Walk in May.
- School concert.