“Manages the school on behalf of the Patron and is accountable to the patron and the Minister….”
St Mary’s BNS Rathfarnham – The Board of Management is made up of eight:
Edward O’Riordan – (Principal & Secretary to the Board)
Brenda Giblin – (Teacher’s Nominee and Recording Secretary)
Fr Martin Noone – (Patron’s Nominee)
Anthony McKeon – (Chairman & Patron’s Nominee)
Christine Woods – (Treasurer & Community Nominee)
Enda McCabe – (Community Nominee)
Catherine Curry – (Parent Nominee)
Liam Butler – (Parent Nominee)
WHAT does it do?
- To manage school on behalf of the Patron
- For the Benefit of the students
- Provide an appropriate education for each student
WHEN does it do it?
- Meet min of 5 – 6 times per Academic year
- Appointed for a 4-year term commenced 1st Dec 2015 and runs to 30th Nov 2019
HOW does it go about it?
Work to an Agenda at each meeting
- requires 2 weeks’ notice in writing for matters to be raised
- meeting times to be communicated e.g. calendar or available from Principal
Work is done as a Corporate Body in a Governing sense
- Individuals do not act as representatives of various groups as it is not a forum to air views
DAY – TO – DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring quality of learning
- Recruitment of staff
- Ensuring quality of Teaching
- School plan – develop and review
- School Policies – develop and review
- Safety and well-being in a happy and safe place
Do you have something you wish to raise with the Board?
Send a letter two weeks in advance of next meeting (as advised by Principal) to:
St Mary’s BNS