Parents seeking to enrol a boy in St. Mary’s should return a completed application form, together with a photocopy of the original birth/adoption certificate and baptismal certificate (where applicable) to the school. Pupils who live in the Parish must also send proof of address. Application Forms are available from the school office (call 01-4931477) or can be downloaded below.
Places will be offered to boys who are four years old before 1st April of the year of entry in accordance with criteria 1 – 7 below.
The closing date for applications for Junior Infants is 2.30pm on the 31st January of the year of entry.
In the event of the number of boys seeking enrolment exceeds the number of places available the following criteria will be used to prioritise boys for enrolment:
- Brothers of boys already enrolled (including step brothers resident at the same address), sons or brothers of past pupils and Catholic boys living within the parish.
- Sons of members of staff.
- Catholic boys who live outside the parish and who do not have a Catholic school in their parish.
- Boys who live within the parish boundaries but are not Catholic.
- Catholic boys from outside the parish.
- Non-Catholic boys from outside the parish.
In the event of the school being unable to accommodate boys (other than Junior Infant boys) in any requested class standard, the names of the applicants will be placed on a waiting list in accordance with the criteria above.
Junior Infants Application Form – Download
Senior Infants to 6th class Application Form – Download
Work Experience and Community Care Application Form – Download